Promoting the Yoga Profession in Aotearoa
Yoga New Zealand is an association dedicated to the development, nurturing, and support of the yoga profession in Aotearoa.
- To support and represent yoga professionals from all traditions and styles in Aotearoa.
- To connect with Māori values.
- To support and link a community of yoga professionals.
- To develop and promote best practice in Aotearoa.
- To educate and inform the general community, government agencies, medical and complementary health professionals about yoga.
- To connect with international yoga networks and initiatives to pursue best practice and to share knowledge/experience with them.
Yoga New Zealand operations are successfully run by Exercise New Zealand.
Originally set up by Yoga Australia, Yoga New Zealand continues to embrace Yoga Australia’s internationally recognised educational and professional standards, and to share knowledge and experience.
Exercise New Zealand is not for profit with a mission to increase physical activity levels in Aotearoa through all modalities. It takes guidance from professional panels and councils including for yoga, the Yoga New Zealand Council.
Yoga New Zealand Council
The Council gives guidance on all matters appropriate to Yoga New Zealand. Find out about our members.