Position as Yoga New Zealand Membership Officer and Volunteer Manager
Position Hours: Part-time appointment (8 Hours per week)
Position Location: Preferably Auckland. Work to be done at own premises.
Overall Responsibilities: To actively promote and manage Yoga New Zealand membership applications,
handle enquiries, manage/support Yoga New Zealand volunteers and events.
Reporting to: CEO of Yoga Australia and New Zealand
Supervises: Yoga New Zealand Volunteers
Required Skills and Experience:
1. A general understanding of the discipline of yoga and the professional role of a yoga teacher, and be able
to demonstrate no conflicts of interest.
2. Excellent client relations skills, and the ability to communicate clearly via telephone, mail and email. Must
be a good listener and persuasive during sales calls (i.e. membership enquiries and volunteer
3. Strong Initiative. Actively seeking new clients, keeping in touch with current clients and expanding client
base to meet sales targets.
4. Administrative and organisational skills, and the ability to maintain effective office systems.
5. The ability to follow direction and guidance
6. The ability to work well in an office team
7. Effective computer, office IT, and social media skills
8. Access to own computer, car and clean driving license
Managing enquiries from Yoga New Zealand members and potential members via telephone, online or mail
Management and Volunteer Support
• Develop the calendar of Yoga New Zealand events and ensure these events
are effectively promoted through all media outlets, including newsletters.
• Process membership applications, create profiles, through liaison with Head Office.
• Help New Zealand Yoga Teacher Training Providers to register with Yoga New Zealand
• Work with Yoga Australia Marketing team to recruit and retain members.
•Ensure the accuracy of Yoga New Zealand membership database.
•Support grievances processes from volunteers using Yoga Australia and New Zealand’s grievance policy.
• Work with the Yoga New Zealand Coordinator to organise national and local events.
• Effectively work – as a team – with Yoga AustraliaHead Office support teams including Yoga Australia Marketing and Communications and the Volunteer Manager.
• Attend Yoga New Zealand events to help develop the profile of YNZ and increase membership.
• Support and manage Yoga New Zealand volunteers
• Develop, improve and implement volunteer management toolkit for Yoga New Zealand.
• Conduct induction and training to all new volunteers.
• Set-up new volunteers with email and dropbox access and delete email and remove access when volunteers leave.
• Ensure volunteers understand their entitlements and budgets.
• Develop communication strategy for all levels of volunteers to ensure all volunteers are kept up to date on decisions, activities and issues.
• Be the first in line support for all Yoga New Zealand volunteers.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Shyamala Benakovic on 1300 881 451 or direct a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org