Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Information for CPD Training Providers
Continuing Professional Development Points (CPD) –Also known as Continuing Education Credits (CECs)
CPD allocation is based on 5 CPD Points per 8 hours training. CPD points are allocated to training/education events such as workshops/conferences/conventions/training programmes etc on the following basis:
- Courses/events that are fully assessed (i.e. have an exam and/or practical assessment at the end of the training that enables a pass or fail result) receive double CPD points allocation (so 10 CPD points for 8 hours of training) for those that pass the course/event. Those that fail receive no CPD points.
- Courses/events of less than one days duration are awarded CPD points proportional to the above calculation e.g. a 4 hour course that is non assessed is 2.5 CPD points. Course CPD points are rounded to the nearest 1 CPD point.
- Correspondence courses may be allocated CPD points as long as they are assessed, but receive CPD points allocation equivalent to a non assessed course.
- A course/event may be awarded a maximum of 20 CPD points, the minimum is 1. Each year a registered individual is now required to gain 10 CPD points all of which must come from ongoing education.
- A course/event that involves multiple non assessed topics over a short period (e.g. four 45 minute workshops in one morning) may be eligible for the assessed rate, if the course/event has been attended in full by a YogaNZ reviewer (at the cost of the provider) AND the presenters are recognised experts in their field, and the majority of the topics are advanced in nature (i.e. not “back to basics” type material) AND the event/course is at least 4 hours long, and has at least 3 different topics and 3 presenters.
How the CPD period works
The “CPD year” for providers runs from 1 October to 30 September the following year.
So any course that applies for CPD points is awarded them from the previous October, up until 30 September, eg a course first run in February 2013 that applies for CPD points then it would be awarded CPD points from February 2013 to 30 September 2013 (so the course can be run as many times as the provider wishes during that period, and each time it will be eligible for CPD points, as long as the provider advises YogaNZ of the dates).
CPD Registration Fees
Complete the application online for a fee of $200.00+ GST ($230.00) and register up to 5 courses on the one application.
Payment will be required at the submission of this application and your application will only be processed when the payment for your application is confirmed.
You have the option of payment via Credit Card or Direct Transfer.
To make the application straight forward for you, invoices will be generated on receipt of payment.
Fees for YogaNZ Members
SPECIAL OFFER FOR YOGANZ MEMBERS – until 30th September 2020 we are offering FREE registration of CPD courses for our registered members. Contact us for your code to register your course free of charge if you have not received this already. Email: email@example.com
Fees for YogaNZ members from 1 October 2020:
For any YogaNZ registered member a discount code for you to register a course is available. If you do not have the code please contact us to access the 50% discount.
For any YogaNZ Level 4 registered member you are able to register a limited number of CPD courses if these are courses/training each year free of charge. You can register 5 CPD courses on the one application if these are delivered by you as a YogaNZ Level 4 member. Please contact YogaNZ for your code if you do not have it already.
How to apply
If you wish to register the course – please click here for the application.