YogaNZ requires members gain 10 Continuing Professional Development points (CPD) each membership year for re-registration. This is to ensure our members are actively improving their knowledge and skills as teachers, to build and maintain professionalism within yoga in Aotearoa.
To facilitate this, YogaNZ hosts many events throughout the year, allowing its members to expand their knowledge and connect with others in their field.
CPD points are gained at 1 point per hour for the following:
- YogaNZ events e.g. Sangas / Forums / Hauora Conference
- Educational workshops and training with Registered Level 3 & 4 Yoga NZ teachers
CPD points are gained at 1 point per 2 hours for the following:
- Educational workshops and training presented by yoga professionals with a yoga education equivalent to a Yoga NZ level 3 or 4 yoga teacher
- Educational workshops and training with Registered allied health professionals in a field directly related to yoga eg. a physio discussing shoulder rehab
- Educational events with professionally qualified tutors that are in a field related to supporting yoga teachers in specific skills such as business operations eg. marketing, accounting etc.
At YogaNZ we understand that some training you have undertaken may fall outside of the above categories, yet it may well be useful and valid CPD. For training, workshops, writing of research papers, conference presentations or any other studies or activities that are outside of the above descriptions please contact us at email@example.com to determine what CPD points you are eligible for.
The CPD period/membership year runs from 01 October to 30 September the following year.
We understand that sometimes meeting this 10 point requirement is tough, especially in recent years when many courses and workshops have been cancelled or postponed. We do allow members to re-register with a deficit of up to 10 points, with the understanding they make a genuine commitment to gain these points in the following membership year.